Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Thoughts of the Day #25/2014: Robert Smithson (5) / Hiiragi Fukuda (3)

Robert Smithson (1938-1973)
(copyright owners please read: p.s. at the bottom of this post, thank you)



"For me the world is a museum. Photography makes nature obsolete. My thinking in terms of site and the non-site makes me feel there's no need to refer to nature anymore. I'm totally concerned with making art and this is mainly an act of viewing, a mental activity that zeroes on on discrete sites. I am not interested in presenting the medium for its own sake"

- Robert Smithson


plus 
some ultra-odd-minimalist
japanese sounds
by
Hiiragi Fukuda






P.S. All texts by Smithson are taken from the volume: Robert Smithson, Slideworks. Carlo Fura 1997.Dear Copyright-Owner, If you don't want to see this photo in this context, please let me know and I will instantly remove it. Thank you !