Monday, October 13, 2014

Thoughts of the Day #29/2014: Robert Smithson (8) / Black Rain (1)

Robert Smithson (1938-1973)
(copyright owners please read: p.s. at the bottom of this post, thank you)



"I developed a dialectic between the mind-matter aspects of nature. My view became dualistic, moving back and forth between the two ones. It's not involved with nature, in the classical sense.

There's no anthropomorphism reference to environment. But I do have a stronger tendency towards the inorganic and organic. The organic is closer to the idea of nature: I'm more interested in the denaturalization or in artifice than I am in any kind of naturalism.

- Robert Smithson

plus
Black Rain's
"Dark Pool" 
(2014)

 








P.S. All texts by Smithson are taken from the volume: Robert Smithson, Slideworks. Carlo Fura 1997.Dear Copyright-Owner, If you don't want to see this photo in this context, please let me know and I will instantly remove it. Thank you !